Commonwealth PhD Scholarships is a scholarship designed for PhD applicants who want to complete a PhD in the UK by the Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). This scholarship is calling for all talented applicants who have done master’s degree programs with brilliant academic records. All applicants with brilliant minds belonging to low-economic countries can benefit from this scholarship and applicants can complete PhD on a fully funded basis. Applicants will complete their degree and learn full skills these skills will be used in daily life. Applicants will be brilliant minds from low-economic countries who will play an important role in the progress of the world.
This scholarship will work on these brilliant minds from low-economy areas and they will lead their countries with their skills. This scholarship will also maintain the balance of education quality equality by facilitating applicants from poor countries by facilitating them equally to high-class economy students. This scholarship will also build connections between scholars with world organizations.
Every candidate will be selected through a merit-based system and talented applicants will be selected at a high chance. The name of the scholarship shows that the commonwealth will be supported and they will progress with the world. Applicants will get knowledge from this institute and help other countries’ applicants. These applicants will progress and compete with high-economy countries. This scholarship will increase education value and importance in the UK.
The following below-mentioned countries are eligible for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024:
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- The Gambia
Also Read: Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Scholarship
Benefits of Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024
- This scholarship is available for all international applicants every student can apply.
- Applicants with brilliant minds facing financial issues must apply and get benefits from this scholarship.
- Applicants’ travel expenses from the country of stay to the UK and then from the UK to the country of stay will be covered by this scholarship.
- Selected candidates will receive £1,236 monthly or £1,516 monthly as a stipend and fees will also be paid by the organization.
- Due to cold weather applicants will get warm clothes stipend.
- Applicants will complete degrees and with study, they will also enjoy a traveling stipend.
Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships
- Students must be British-protected if they want to avail of this scholarship.
- Applicants must be eligible for the Commonwealth program to avail of this scholarship.
- Students must be permanent citizens from commonwealth country areas.
- Selected candidates have to reach the UK before the start of next year because classes for PhD programs will start in Sep.
- Students who want to get scholarships must not be part of any other university or native university in the UK.
- If any student is declared disabled organization will provide additional support for the applicant.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarships 2024
- All interested students have to apply through any one of these 3 bodies National Nominating Agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations, or Charitable Bodies.
- Applicants’ applications will not be accepted directly every student must apply through the above-mentioned bodies.
- Students have to meet different eligibility criteria with respect to the body the applicant is applying for.
- Interested applicants have to apply from the online application portal of the CSC.
- Fill out all the required necessary personal information like your name, date of birth, etc.
- Fill out each space that is necessary to apply for Doctoral degree programs.
- Every student has to select 3 universities institutes and supervisors, are needed at the student’s time of selection.
- Students’ publication proposals with a max of 300 words are necessary.
- Provide your bachelor’s degree and post-graduate degree proof for your selection.
- If a candidate is an employee, he has to give details of his employment in 100 words.
- Applicants have to answer all the asked questions mentioned in the application form.
Selection Criteria for the UK Commonwealth Scholarship
Every student will be selected after checking the following things:
- Past Academic Results of Applicants
- Study plan arranged by the Applicants
- What will be a positive effect of the Study on the country
- Ten publications from the applicants
- Employment details in 300 words
- A well-written reference letter.
- Well-scanned passport and National ID card of Applicant.
The last date to apply for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships is currently not specified.